Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Garden Iron Headboard

Not too much to report on the furniture front, with the exception of the super secret project that I will obviously have to wait to update on. I think I'm the only person dying to get it out already but I'll have to just put on my big girl panties and deal with it!

A couple weeks ago I picked up a really awesome iron headboard at a garage sale. The woman said it was hers as a child and that it had been passed down for a few generations. It is absolutely a genuine vintage iron headboard, which means it weighs about a hundred pounds! It's really a charming piece and I was intending to restore it (since it's a bit rusted with chipped paint), as I would have liked to use it myself, but I don't have a full bed. Also, it would have to be rigged to a bed frame since it is missing a few original fixtures and I didn't want to try to sell it as such. I decided it would look really nice in a garden though, with vines and flowers climbing up it, so my mom and I drove a couple rebars into a flowery spot in my family's back yard and set it up. I think it turned out very cute, and will only look better as things start to grown on and around it!



UPDATE: here is a more recent post with photos of the headboard as the plants have filled in a bit throughout the summer!

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful iron headboard, I guess, with a new purpose :).

    ReplyDelete